Diablo Shrimp & Linguini
By: Caitlin Cooks
– 1 package linguini pasta
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 2T
– 2T minced garlic
– 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1/4C white onion, diced small
– 2 tsp crushed red pepper
– ½ tsp basil
– ½ tsp oregano
– 2T tomato paste
– fresh lemon juice, half a lemon squeezed
– 2C crushed tomatoes
– 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
1. Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box – make sure you use a good quality one (Barilla is my favorite)! Drain; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, swirl some olive oil around a pan and heat on medium-high. Add 1T of garlic and shrimp; sauté about 4 minutes until shrimp are pink. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
3. Add another swirl of olive oil to the pan along with your onions; sauté a few minutes until softened. Stir in remaining garlic, the crushed red pepper, basil, and oregano; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato paste and lemon juice; cook for an additional minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes, salt, and fresh diced tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until thickened. Return shrimp to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over your delicious linguini and enjoy!