Nothing screams summer food more than fresh Jersey tomatoes and peppery basil! My favorite combo! Make this your summer staple!
1 Box of Fusilloni Divella pasta, this is a brand I’m loving Divella Website
4 Roma tomatoes. You can also use cherry tomatoes.
1 bunch of fresh basil
1/4C Asiago Parmesan cheese blend
Extra virgin olive oil
1) Place a large pot of water on the stove and wait for it to come to a rolling boil.
2) Cut your tomatoes into 1/2 – 1 in. cubes and place them in a large serving bowl.
3) Chop your basil (previously washed) into small pieces and add it to the tomatoes and mozzarella.
4) Add salt, black pepper and olive oil liberally, and stir. Look to see that your ingredients are coated in oil, and taste for the right degree of saltiness.
5) When the water boils, add the pasta and let cook according to the time specified. Taste on occasion, and once the pasta reaches al dente, cook another 1-2 minutes.
6) Drain the pasta into a colander and rinse under cold water for a minute or two.
7) Strain the pasta well, and add it to the serving bowl with the tomato and mozzarella mixture. Stir carefully, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
This dish can be made ahead of time for your Sunday brunch and left in the refrigerator to chill.